Shared Decision Making
The national Right Care Shared Decision Making Programme aims to promote patient centred care, increase patient choice and empowerment in clinical decision making - making “no decision about me without me” a reality.
The SPT was been asked in 2011 to procure a partner to deliver Phase 4 of the 2011/2012 programme, which is divided into the following three workstreams:
- The development of Patient Decision Aids and shorter interventions (including hosting, maintenance, clinical updates, printed versions, telephony back-up, language lines, decision coaching and dissemination)
- To embed Patient Decision Aids and related Shared Decision Making interventions in NHS systems
- To create a receptive culture for shared decision making in the NHS.
We are delighted to continue giving communications support to the programme management team.
- See more about the activities of the Programme and the successful bidders by visiting the Right Care Shared Decision Making website.
- See SDM latest on this website